Your company is planning to participate in an upcoming trade show, and you are in charge. One of the things you need to decide is the kind of giveaways for booth visitors. With a multitude of items to choose from, deciding the right ones can be daunting. We've put together 17 tips to help you choose.
Your company is planning to participate in an upcoming trade show, and you are in charge. One of the things you need to decide is the kind of giveaways for booth visitors. With hundreds, if not thousands, of items to choose from, deciding the right ones can be daunting. Especially when you already have a long list of to-dos on your plate.
Choosing the best giveaways for a trade show depends on several factors, including your budget, target audience, and your company’s branding and goals. Ideally, you want your visitors to remember your company after the show when they need your product or service.
We at Promos & Logos specialize in helping clients with their tradeshow displays and giveaways, and based on our experience, we’ve put together these tips on how to use giveaways to help you ensure the success of your next tradeshow and get the best results for the marketing effort.
17 Do’s and Don’ts on How To Use Trade Show Giveaways to get the most results
- Don’t lay large amounts of giveaways on the table for people to grab and go. This will focus their attention on the gift instead of your services. And you won’t get to talk to them.
- Do have a small amount of giveaways in a visible place but not within the visitor’s easy reach, to be handed out after a conversation.
- Don’t use cheap products with no clear purpose or the quality is questionable because they are “general giveaways.” They’ll end up in the trash.
- Do use only quality items, which doesn’t necessarily mean expensive. Remember, they will continue to represent your brand long after the event is over. We can help you find them!
- Do give low-tiered price products that are useful and practical, such as lip balm or hand sanitizer, both with a pretty universal appeal. As an added benefit, they have a large print area for your advertisement.
- Don’t hand giveaways to everyone who breaths for the sake of giving away. Be intentional in your purpose and objectives.
- Do give them to encourage people to participate in a contest or drawing in exchange for information you can use to qualify them.
- Don’t giveaway pens. Pens have their place in your swag mix, but not at the trade show. Every other booth will be giving away pens. Yours will get lost in the bag.
- Do have different kinds of giveaways for different kinds of recipients, such as general interested visitors, qualified prospects you previously invited, and clients.
- Do use them as a gift offer in a pre-show mailing to entice your hot prospects or preferred clients to visit you.
- Don’t put off ordering your trade show giveaways, you will more than likely run into the items you love being out-of-stock or having a longer lead time that won’t work, among other issues. , You will save money and get better options when you plan ahead.
- Do plan your order as far ahead as possible to make sure you take the time to evaluate options to choose the best fit and avoid rush fees and overnight shipping.
- Do have higher-priced branded items for qualified prospects in exchange for an immediate commitment or an appointment.
- Do have a gift with a purchase offer for the show, that can be extended for a specified period of time after.
- Do look for items that are aligned with your brand’s marketing message.
- Do consider the practicality and portability of the items, as attendees will need to carry them throughout the event and might be traveling back home.
- Do make sure your giveaways include contact information or a call to action so that interested attendees can easily get in touch with your company after the trade show.
We Hope This Tradeshow Tips Are Useful!
Remember, we are here to help you plan and order the most creative giveaways for your company, at the best prices.
Contact us now and let’s start planning!
Check out our trade show giveaway collection.